Josiah has been training, racing and winning on Northern Lites Snowshoes for over ten years. He has a love for the sport that shows every time he races. He is well respected by other athletes on and off the snow. He is a true believer in fun and fitness and has chosen a life of helping others achieve their fitness goals. In March 2012 Josiah completed his second degree in the field, a Masters in Human Movement from A.T. Still University. His undergraduate degree is a BS in Health Promotion and Rehabilitation with a major in Health Fitness and a minor in Science from Central Michigan University. He has been certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist for over 10 years and recently completed the NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist certification exam.
At Dogma Athletica (his day job), he trains a variety of clients towards their health and fitness goals one-on-one and in small group settings. As an endurance coach he directs athletes of all abilities with specific, individualized training programs, whether the goal is to complete an event, PR in an event, or reach the podium. Josiah’s coaching philosophy is based on an evidence-based training approach as well as intense personal experience.
When looking for the best snowshoe to train, race or win on, look to the best in the field and see what they wear. Josiah’s career highlights consist of:
- XTERRA USA National Champion 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011,
- USAT Long Course National Champion 2005
- USAT Winter Triathlon National Champion 2006, 2011
- USSSA National Snowshoe Champion 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2012
- Teva Mountain Games, Ultimate Mountain Challenge 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Mt Taylor Winter Quadrathlon Champion 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012
- North American Snowshoe Champion 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012
To learn more about Josiah Middaugh please visit http://www.josiahmiddaugh.com/