The Tundra is Northern Lites' super-floater for people carrying very heavy loads in the deepest snows. While these are big snowshoes, they are designed to provide a more natural stride with a width of only 9 1/2".
At 3 lbs. per pair, the 33" long Tundra weighs less than the 22" and 25" models of many other snowshoes!
The Tundra means huge weight savings. The average snowshoer takes more than 3,200 strides per mile. At a typical weight savings of more than 10 oz. per shoe, that means you're saving more than 2,000 lbs. per mile compared to the typical comparable snowshoe..
- Made of aircraft grade 7075-T6 aluminum
- Ultralight and rip-proof COOLTHANE® decking
- 19-point Duraluminum cleats with ice guards
- Tough nylon ridged deck clips add additional 21-point traction system around perimeter of snowshoe
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA since 1992
- Dimensions: 9.5" wide x 33" long
- Weight: 3lbs/pair (Speed) or 3lbs 1 oz/pair (Tru-Trak)
- Load: 250+ lbs with gear
- Uses: Mountaineering, Search and Rescue, Backpacking, Long distance trekking, Heavy Loads, Deep Powder
- Surface Area: 265in2