Race Date: POSTPONED January 1, 2021 - January 3, 2021
7 Snowshoe Races for 2020-2021
Several of last year's snowshoe races have been postponed or canceled due to COVID-19, but there are still several of them happening in 2020/2021.
We've done the research and compiled a list of snowshoes races that are available at this time. We've tried our best to consolidate the active ones, but with the uncertainty of COVID-19 and rules and regulations for each state, the seven races below could have been adjusted after this posting.
The good news is no matter the skill level there are races and events for everyone.
And, if you're looking for a pair of the world's lightest snowshoes for your race, check out our shop page.
Here is a list of our seven (7) races to check out this season (download the full PDF at the bottom of the list):
1. Arrowhead Ultra (Minnesota)
Race Date: Jan 25th to 27th, 2021
- Temperatures along the course reach as low as −45 °F (−43 °C) degrees
- Modes of transportation includes foot, ski or bicycle, and the race is held in late January or early February
Historically coldest gosh darn race anyplace even the Arctic, check average temps, virtually every year luck has us -30 to -40C/F, we have frostbite to prove it. Or it snows and is a sloppy mess! Arrowhead 135 is an organization of local folks dedicated to the promotion of human powered ultra-endurance events across beautiful Arrowhead Region of Northern Minnesota. Our Race Mission is fostering national and international amateur endurance sports such as winter-biking, skiing and trail running.
2. Tuscobia Winter Ultra (Wisconsin)
- The 80 mile event is a point to point from Park Falls to Rice Lake.
- The 160 mile event is an out and back – Rice Lake to Park Falls and back to Rice Lake.
We anticipate several changes due to Covid. It is likely that participants will need to be even more self-sufficient than usual. We need you all to consider this seriously before registering for the event, even if you have participated previously.
- The 5k Snowshoe Event Race it ,walk it or just get out on snowshoes to see what you are capable
- this self -propelled trek DOWN a packed ski trail for approximately 1.5 miles to a beautiful little Lake and return back UP to the Forestville Start/FINISH area on the same course
- ALL Racers earn a Finishers Tshirt & Finishers Medal!
- Top male and female in each distance will receive an additional award!
5. Snow Devil Ultra (Vermont)
Race Dates: February 5-6, 2021
- The course will be a gorgeous 6.5 mile loop in the Green Mountains of Vermont
- Each loop will have 1200 feet of elevation change and sweeping views of the surrounding mountain ranges!
The course climbs somewhat steeply at first past the trail side oasis, Muddy’s Hut, and through the switchbacks of Noodles Trail before leveling out up the Rabbit Hole.
6. Fresh Tracks 5K Race (California)
Race Dates: Feb 28, 2021
Machine groomed track through forested terrain and mountain meadows. Mostly flat but some short, moderate climbs.
- A marathon on down to a 25K a 10K and a 5K! If you love to run then you will love to do this.
Go ahead ... you can do it ... yea that's right ... sign up for the only ultra 50K Snowshoe race in the country!!!
Or if that sounds like a bit much there is a distance for everybody in the whole family from a marathon on down to a 25K a 10K and a 5K! If you love to run then you will love to do this.
Snowshoes are available on race day at the visitors center where we start and finish the events. and BYU Outdoor Rental and REI
As always, Enjoy The Journey
Feel free to download the full 7 Snowshoe Races 2020-2021 PDF by clicking on the image below.